Our Commitment to Sustainability
Compostable & Sustainable Packaging
We all love coffee. But what most of us don't know is how much damage our coffee addiction is doing to the environment. The good news? Nuddy Coffee now delivers all orders in compostable packaging or paper based cardboard mailers, which means you can enjoy your morning cup without harming the planet!
At NUDDY Coffee we take sustainability very seriously - it's a core part of everything we do. From the way we source our coffee and conduct operations, to how we package our product.
We're always on the lookout for the latest developments and aim to work with the latest methods and packaging materials that minimise our environmental footprint.
Nuddy's Sustainable Packaging Solutions
We feel strongly that it's our responsibility to do our part to protect the environment and reduce our carbon footprint, and using sustainable packaging is one way we can do that.
So we've made our mailer bags out of compostable and recyclable packaging materials to allow you to dispose of them in your compost bin. Plus, our sustainable packaging looks pretty darn good, if we do say so ourselves!
Explore our collection of delicious coffee roasts from specialty coffee pods to coffee bean blends and coffee equipment online now and enjoy receiving your package in our beautiful sustainable packaging mailers.
Let's do our best for our planet together!
Compostable Packaging FAQs
What if I don't have a compost bin?
We understand that not everyone has the option to compost or recycle. Because this bag is made of biodegradable material and recyclable packaging, it will break down much faster if it ends up in landfill, when compared to traditional packaging materials.
What is sustainable packaging?
Sustainable packaging is a type of packaging that is designed to reduce the environmental impact of packaging products as well as the amount of waste produced by packaging products.
This type of sustainable packaging is typically made from materials that are renewable, recyclable, or compostable. The Sustainable Packaging Coalition (SPC) offers 8 criteria for a packaging material to be considered sustainable. This includes:
- Is beneficial, safe & healthy for individuals and communities throughout its life cycle
- Meets market criteria for performance and cost
- Optimizes the use of renewable or recycled source materials
- Is manufactured using clean production technologies and best practices
- Is made from materials healthy throughout the life cycle
- Is physically designed to optimize materials and energy
- Is effectively recovered and utilized in biological and/or industrial closed-loop cycles
Is compostable packaging better than biodegradable packaging?
While biodegradable packaging will eventually break down, it can take years. Compostable packaging, on the other hand, will break down much quicker – often within weeks or months.
This is because compostable packaging is made from organic materials that are designed to decompose quickly.
Is compostable packaging better than plastic packaging?
Compostable packaging is better than plastic packaging because it is made from renewable materials and can be broken down by microorganisms. Plastic packaging, on the other hand, is made from non-renewable fossil fuels and can take centuries to break down.
Compostable packaging is also more environmentally friendly since it does not produce harmful carbon emissions when it breaks down.
What are the benefits of sustainable packaging?
The benefits of our sustainable coffee packaging are:
- Sustainable packaging helps to reduce the environmental impact of packaging products
- Sustainable packaging is made from compostable materials
- Sustainable packaging requires less energy and resources to produce
- Sustainable packaging is designed to reduce the amount of waste produced by regular packaging products
What are the 4 traits of sustainable packaging?
The four traits of sustainable packaging are:
- It is made from renewable or recycled materials.
- It is durable and can be reused or recycled.
- It is free of harmful chemicals.
- It reduces waste and helps to conserve resources.