How to Make Cold Brew Coffee at Home
At Nuddy Coffee, we know that true coffee lovers demand more than just an average cup of joe. That's why we're excited to share our simple and delicious recipe for making cold brew coffee at home. No more long lines at the coffee shop or subpar brews from the store – with our recipe and tips, you can make a perfectly smooth and rich cold brew in your own kitchen.
Our commitment to quality and freshness means that we only use the finest coffee beans sourced from around the world. And with our simple recipe, you can experiment with different beans, milk, and flavours to find the perfect combination for your taste buds. Plus, our tips and tricks will help you master the art of cold brew, so you can impress your friends and family with your barista-worthy skills.
In this blog post we’ll be covering:
- What is Cold Brew Coffee
- How to Make Cold Brew Coffee at Home (Recipe and Steps)
- Cold Brew Coffee Maker Recommendations and Tips
What is Cold Brew Coffee?
The lower acidity of cold brew coffee is due to the absence of heat during the brewing process, which results in fewer bitter compounds being released from the coffee beans. This makes cold brew coffee an excellent option for those with sensitive stomachs or acid reflux. It also allows for a sweeter, smoother taste and a higher caffeine concentration.
Cold brew coffee is typically served over ice, which makes it the perfect beverage for warmer weather or as a refreshing pick-me-up during a hot day. You can even add milk or flavourings to make it more interesting or to suit your preferences.
How to Make Cold Brew Coffee (Recipe and Steps)
To make cold brew coffee, you'll need the following ingredients:
- 80-100g of coarsely ground coffee beans (adjust the dose for the desired coffee strength)
- 1 litre of filtered water
- A tall glass or jar
- A coffee filter or paper filter
- Your favourite milk (optional)
- Ice (optional)
Here are the steps to make a delicious cold brew coffee at home:
- Grind your coffee beans on the coarsest setting. Alternatively, you can use pre-ground coffee grounds.
- In a tall glass or jar, add the coarsely ground coffee beans (or coffee grounds).
- Pour the filtered water over the coffee grounds, making sure they are fully covered.
- Stir gently to ensure all the coffee grounds are soaked.
- Cover the glass or jar with a lid or plastic wrap and leave it in the fridge for at least 12 hours or overnight.
- After 12 hours, remove the glass or jar from the fridge
- Place a coffee filter or paper filter over a second jar or glass and pour the cold brew coffee through the filter.
- If desired, add milk and ice to your cold brew coffee.
This recipe makes a big batch of cold brew coffee, perfect for enjoying throughout the week.
Cold Brew Coffee Maker Recommendations and Tips
If you love cold brew coffee and want to make it regularly, investing in a high-quality coffee maker might be worth it. Here are some of our expert's recommendations:
- The Hario Mizudashi Cold Brew Pot 1L: The simplest way to make and enjoy cold brew coffee at home. Simply add ground coffee to the fine mesh basket, add water and leave in the refrigerator to brew. Clean up is easy with a removable filter -- simply wash and reuse. Made with high-quality Hario heatproof glass. Made in Japan
- The Hario V60 Ceramic Dripper: Hario's 60-degree conical design, a large drip hole, and spiral ridge edges. The ceramic dripper and Hario Paper Filters (#02) are all you need for a perfect cup of pour-over coffee. It yields 1-4 cups, and the purchase includes a "how to brew" manual and a free measuring spoon. A gooseneck kettle is recommended for accuracy and control.
Some tips for making the perfect cold brew coffee:
- Use high-quality coffee beans from a local roaster. Freshly roasted beans will result in a better-tasting cold brew coffee.
- Use cold water, as hot water can make the coffee taste bitter.
- Use a specific grind for cold brew coffee - coarsely ground coffee beans are best.
- Stir the coffee and water mixture gently to ensure all the coffee grounds are soaked.
- Store your cold brew coffee in the fridge for up to one week.
At Nuddy Coffee, we believe that coffee is not just a beverage but a way of life. If you're looking for a refreshing and delicious way to enjoy coffee, look no further than our beans when giving this cold brew recipe a red hot crack. With our commitment to quality and freshness, we've crafted a simple recipe that's sure to delight your taste buds.
Using only the finest coffee beans sourced from around the world, we've developed a recipe that's perfect for a refreshing cup of cold brew at any time. Plus, with our range of flavours, you can create your own unique twist on this classic drink.
So why settle for mediocre coffee when you can enjoy the best? Browse our range of coffee, tasting packs, and equipment today, and discover the Nuddy Coffee difference. With our dedication to quality, freshness, and sustainability, you can be sure that you're getting the best coffee experience possible. Try our cold brew recipe and taste the difference for yourself!